These cake pops are an ideal way to use any cake gone wrong! Rather than throwing it away and starting again, turn it into a tasty treat! They can also be added to lolly-pop sticks, making them a great addition to any kids party, minimising the mess and maximising the fun! One cake makes 15-20 cake pops.
1 failed cake of any flavour
Melted Chocolate (any flavour)
1) Take the failed cake (make sure to let it cool first!) and crumble it into a large mixing bowl until it resembles a bread crumb texture.
2) Add in the buttercream icing. If you are making this from scratch, mix together 50g of margarine and 100g of icing sugar.
3) Roll the mixture in your hands into bite-sized balls.
4) Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
5) Meanwhile, melt the chocolate of choice. If using a microwave, do so in 30 second increments and stir in between so as to avoid it burning. For coloured chocolate, add a drop of food colouring of choice.
6) Dip the top half of the cake pops into the chocolate. If you are adding sprinkles or decorations, do so whilst the chocolate is still melted.
7) Place in the fridge for another 30 minutes. If you are adding lolly-pop sticks do so once the chocolate has hardened. Then, enjoy!