This tasty Mediterranean dip made from pureed aubergine is great served hot or cold with toasted pitta, carrot, pepper and cucumber sticks!
- 2 aubergines
- 2 medium garlic cloves, roasted
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of tahini
-1 tablespoon of olive oil, plus more for brushing aubergine & garnish
-1 teaspoon of salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon of smoked paprika, plus more for garnish
- Handful chopped fresh parsley for garnish
1) Preheat the oven to 210ºC.
2) Halve the aubergines lengthways & brush the cut sides with olive oil and salt. Place them cut side down onto a baking tray for a caramelised taste.
3) Roast in the oven until the middle is soft and the skin is collapsing, about 45 mins.
4) Set the aubergines aside to cool.
5) Once the aubergines are cool, flip them over, scoop out the flesh with a large spoon & place in a food processor.
6) Add the rest of the ingredients & pulse until smooth.
7) Transfer the baba ganoush to a serving bowl & lightly drizzle with olive oil & sprinkle parsley & smoked paprika on top. Enjoy!