This Banana Bread is a great way to use up any bananas that you have forgotten about! It works well as a breakfast, a snack, or a dessert matched with custard. Serves 6-8
3 Ripe Bananas
75ml Vegetable Oil
90g Brown Sugar
200g Self-Raising Flour
2 Tsp Baking Powder
3 Tsp Cinnamon or Mixed Spice (optional)
50g Dried Fruit, Nuts, or Chocolate Chips (optional)
1) Preheat Oven to 200C/180C fan.
2) Mash the bananas with a fork, then stir in the oil and sugar.
3) Mix in the dry ingredients.
4) Pour mixture into an oiled loaf tin (2lb works best), then bake for 20 minutes.
5) After 20 minutes, check if it is beginning to brown and cover with foil. Bake for a further 20 minutes.
6) Remove when a skewer or fork comes out clean, allow to cool, then enjoy!