Spinach, Courgette and Pesto Pizza (GF)
Impress your friends and family with this really quick and easy pizza recipe from scratch! This recipe can also be dairy-free if you use plant-based milk and dairy free cheese. Serves 1-2.
- 1/2 courgette
- 3 handfuls of spinach
- 120g cheese
- pesto (see our previous recipe, or use store bought pesto!)
- 125g buckwheat flour
- 70g brown rice flour
- 1 egg
- 180ml milk
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
1) Preheat the oven to 180°C. If you are using a pizza stone, you should put this into the oven to preheat so that the stone will cook the crust properly.
2) In a large bowl, combine the buckwheat flour and brown rice flour. Make a well in the dry mixture and add the egg, milk and olive oil. Then stir it all together until well combined.
3) Remove your pizza stone from the oven. Using your hands and a little brown rice flour if the dough gets too sticky, spread the dough onto your pizza stone.
4) Put the pizza base in the oven to pre-bake for roughly 10-15 minutes, or until it begins to look dry.
5) Remove the pizza base from the oven and spread generously with pesto, cheese, spinach and courgette.
6) Pop the pizza back into the oven for another 10-20 minutes, or until the crust edge looks golden brown and the toppings are warm.
7) Cut immediately and serve!